Thursday, February 4, 2010

Saving money means....

Loving the dryer that was gifted to us FREE, instead of going out and buying one. However it's a hard lesson to learn for me. I'm trying to adjust to this dryer i really am. But it's old and supposidly a "high capacity" but it takes FOREVER to dry stuff and i just can't seem to get used to it. So now i'm doing smaller loads and drying them an insane amount of time. The biggest problem is that the timer only goes for like a maximum of 30 minutes? What's up with that....
BUT I am going to stick it out and try to not be tempted to say "to heck with it" and go buy a new one.

2 comments:

Jac said...

If it takes more time to dry something in the dryer than it would to let it hang dry, then you are wasting energy (and therefore, money) by running a crappy dryer. You might be able to get it repaired, but in the long run it might be more cost effective to buy a new one. Joe and I ran into that problem last year.

Unknown said...

hmmm good point Jac....given the freezing temps and the fact i have nowhere to hang dry all my laundry I'm gonna keep messing with it. I am getting better with the "auto" dry setting, though and I was able to dry a fairly large load of fabric in about 45 minutes, which isn't too bad. If our energy bill goes up a lot we'll have to look into something else though i fear.