Saturday, June 7, 2008

I miss the flintstones...

Yesterday as i sat listening to Faith's favorite shows, i pondered the changes in programming since i was young. Yup sure we had Sesame street and things like Mr. Rogers that were entertaining and educational, but now it seems every show (that i let her watch) is all got big lessons tied into it, always such good educational lessons. What i wouldn't pay for a good ole Fred & Barney caper, LMAO. And what of the Road Runner, Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam, I mean it used to be Saturday morning watching the Bugs Bunny show was a HUGE deal. I havn't seen it in forever.
Faith likes mostly the disney cartoons for her age group. She adores the Wiggles, OMG sometimes I'd rather go deaf than listen to one more Wiggles song. Or what about good ole reliable Handy Manny? Sometimes i silently wish he give himself a big ole whack with his talking hammer. Oh and who can't relate to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, i often have a problem and think "now if i only had a mousekatool"...i mean don't we all have a baby elephant hanging around waiting for that odd choir that a baby elephant is just good for, as if I don't deal with enough poop around here, i need elepahnt poop, LMAO. Oh and let's not forget those little show off smartypants the Little Einsteins, John just about died laughing one day when i called them the "Little Smartasses".
Well she ought to be up soon, i can hardly wait to see what's on...

1 comment:

Sherry said...

And I am so glad we don't have tv anymore. I remember when the two older ones watched Barney until I wanted to scream! LOL

I haven't watched cartoons for so long. They were great back then, and I remember waking up especially early for bugs and roadrunner. These days they seem so much more 'fake' if that even makes sense! haha