Friday, November 21, 2008

Dad ...

Dad has decided to stop treatment. I respect his decision and totally understand. He will get pain medication for comfort, they will monitor his sugars to make sure they don't get too high (i guess that can create pain?) and basically eventually he will just fall asleep and not wake up. We are all of course very very sad, but well death is part of life, he's very tired and has very little quality of life. I will be trying to spend extra time there. The time estimate is pretty much anytime, maybe as long as Christmas or a little longer, it's really just not "determinable" based on his multiple medical problems. Please keep my family in your prayers, i feel the love around me and that definately helps through the toughest times.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry, Sarah. You and your family will most definitely be in my prayers and thoughts!

Diana said...

You know we're praying for you all. If you need ANYTHING, you call me. If you wanna just cry or just get away for a few hours, then please, give me a call.

The Roaming Home said...

Oh Hun, I'm so sorry. Know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. And I'm just a phone call away if you need to talk {{{{hugs}}}

Me said...

Oh Sarah (((hugs))). I am so sad for you. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Tracey said...

So, so sorry to hear that Sarah. You know I'm hear if you need anything.

~*Michelle*~ said...

Oh Sarah....I am so sorry and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

xox
Michelle