Thursday, January 22, 2009

Took Faith...

I had said i wouldn't take Faith to see John's aunt Helen. I was so concerned that she would want to visit papa and would get upset when he wasn't there.
I had to take mom to the eye doctor yesterday and it's in the building attached to the hospital. I said "I'm going to go see Helen, do you want to go?" and of course she did.
So on the way upstairs i just said, you know Helen lives where papa used to right? Papa isn't there anymore, you know that right? Papa is in heaven now, right? She responded "Uh huh" or "Yeah" to everything. We got up there and she was totally fine.
She didn't mention papa or try to go to where his room was or anything. I asked her where papa lives now, and she said "heaven".
So as usual i didn't give my kiddo enough credit, she gets it, i was avoiding taking her for my own pain, not hers.

2 comments:

The Roaming Home said...

{{hugs}} sweetie! They are so much smart than we give them credit for.

Ellen said...

That is making me cry Sarah! Our grown up hearts don't want to understand and they just accept the facts. Oh, for the simple faith of a child!

Glad you got the job and hope things go well...