Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dad is doing great..

My dad is doing awesome in therapy, his main hold up for coming home is being able to do the stairs and get in/out of a vehicle. Well this week he has been able to go up and down the "mock" stairs in physical therapy. He has to go slow and remember which foot to start with to make him the most steady on his feet. The therapist told him that if he keeps doing this well he should be home in 1 month! I can't tell you how happy this makes us all. This last week I have noticed a more and more positive attitude from him. I can't tell you how happy this makes us and what an answer to prayer this is. I can't remember exactly how long ago, maybe a month, he had decided to totally and completely give up, i spent a night crying out to God to help me find the right words to encourage him to keep going, God answered my prayer when I told Dad "I don't like your decision but if this is what you REALLY want I will support you 100%" and I think him knowing that I understood why he wanted to give up and that I loved him and cared for him no matter what, really spoke to his heart. I even told him that on my whole drive up there I prayed for the right thing to say and he responded "it must have worked". That was a special night for me, i've always been so close to my dad, he was my "momdy" and that night was just another example of the special bond i have with my dad.
*Note to mom who reads my blog, not that I don't have a special relationship with you, but i know you know what i mean when i say my special bond with "momdy" :-) *

1 comment:

Sherry said...

What wonderful news that your dad is on his way to recovery! I am glad he isn't giving up on himself since no one else is giving up on him. :)