Thursday, January 10, 2008

Holy Wind Batman...plus other ramblings

Boy was it windy yesterday....we were lucky no damage, only lost power for a short time. So all in all we fared very well.

I sure would like to figure out what to do about Faith's sleeping problems. Feel free to comment with advice if you have any. I've gotten her to the point that I can put her in her own bed initially, granted she gets upset and cries, but she's down to crying less than 2 minutes and goes to sleep. But she still wakes up about 1/2 way through the night crying and will only settle for getting in bed with me. Now at 2 am I am just giving in and putting her in bed with me, and I know i shouldn't be doing that. But since i know that's what she wants, it gets everyone back to bed much quicker. However neither one of us sleeps all that well, so the second 1/2 of the night is pretty restless sleep for us both. I hate to make her cry it out in the middle of the night too but i think that might be what i end up having to do. sigh.

Well I have been doing pretty well on one of my New Year's Resolutions, which is to try and live more thrifty and to de-clutter. Of course I started with one of the easiest things which is Faith's clothes and toys. I've given clothes to 3 friends, sold some of her Gymboree stuff and have a pile of clothes and stuff for the thrift store. I am hoping to get enough store credit at the resale shop to get her quite a few clothes for summer. I've had very good luck at this thrift shop finding really nice stuff at really cheap prices. They tend to have a lot of name brand stuff too, which of course i know doesn't really matter, but i do like it more, can't help it, i admit it. So that's a start, i will continue to grow my huge garage sale pile and this spring there will be a major sale, i've come to the realization that i just have way to much crap that is of no use (like decorative crap that just collects dust).

Well my monkey is jumping up and down at the gate, not sure why, must be Tigger & Pooh is not entertaining her anymore.

No comments: