Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Potty

Well yesterday we had to break out the potty chair. It wasn't even my decision, it was Faith's. She kept trying to climb up onto the big potty and got mad when i wouldn't let her. So I said "do you want to get out your potty chair?" So I got it out and put it together and it's her new favorite thing. She goes in and sits there with a piece of toilet paper wiping herself. She hasn't actually done anything on it but she just loves her potty chair. She got really mad at me yesterday when after 1/2 an hour of "playing on it" i made her get up and put her diaper back on. Don't get me wrong, i think it's great she excited about it, but I know it's just cause it's a new thing, not cause she really understands yet to actually do anything on it. I'm not ready for this, i had no intention of trying to potty train her until she turned 2, she's only 18 months. I'm not ready!!!! I admit it, it's me again wanting her to stay a baby. But it's not just that, i know that at 18months even if she did use it occassionally it's not going to be a totally learned thing this early. I don't want to just keep struggling with it, going back and forth. I dont' know maybe it's selfish of me, but I really think there's no point to doing it until she's ready. I don't really think she's ready, is she??

1 comment:

Diana said...

Being that she's cloth diapered, she may very well be ready to potty train. My brother was potty trained at 21 months (I was born when he was 19 months) and I was potty trained at 19 months. We were both cloth diapered. I know what you mean about not wanting her to grow up too fast though.