Tuesday, December 16, 2008

All went well...

The last of the calling hours and the funeral went very well. The hardest part was when the last we "saw" him before the funeral. As a family we said our goodbyes. Faith told papa bye bye, gave him a kiss and in general just broke our hearts, as it was so pure and innocent, she of course had no clue what it "really" meant. When the funeral started, she of course was showing off a bit. She said "papa needs medicine?" and I told her "no, papa is all better now" and she said "okay". Again so sweet, so innocent.

The gathering after at Dave's house was so packed with family and friends. So much food. Every party or get together, no matter what the occassion I always worry that there won't be enough food. Thanks to the ladies at church and several good friends, neighbors and family, there was plenty. And there will be plenty for days, which will make it easier for all of us. Good friends are such a blessing!

I know the next few days especially will be hard for my mom, so we'll be helping her out. But now I also have the task of trying to get ready for Christmas, I don't want it to be ruined, especially for the kids.

No comments: